Blink cameras are smart devices that allow you to monitor your home or business remotely. They offer live view, which lets you see and hear what’s happening in real-time through the Blink app or certain Alexa-enabled devices.
However, you may wonder how to keep the blink camera on live for longer periods of time or without interruptions. In this blog post, we will explain how to access and use live view, as well as how to enable extended live view if you have a Blink subscription plan. So, keep on reading to learn about how to keep blink camera on live.
How Do I Give Someone Access to My ... How Do I Give Someone Access to My Blink Camera
How Do I Give Someone Access to My ...
How Do I Give Someone Access to My Blink Camera
How to Keep Blink Camera on Live: A Step-By-Step Guide
Live View is a feature that allows you to see what your Blink Camera is capturing in real-time. You can use Live View to check on your home, pets, or family members anytime you want. Here are the steps to keep Live View on your Blink Camera:
1. Accessing Live View
- Make sure your Blink Camera is powered on and connected to the internet. To access live view, you need to have a stable Wi-Fi connection with at least 2 MB per second upload speed. You can check the status of your camera by opening the Blink app and tapping on the camera icon.
- On the Blink app, tap on the Live View button at the bottom of the screen. This will open a new window where you can see the live video feed from your camera.
- You can use the buttons on the Live View window to control your camera. You can turn the microphone, speaker, or night vision on or off. You can also take a snapshot or record a video clip of the live feed.
- To exit Live View, tap on the X button at the window’s top right corner. This will close the Live View window and return you to the main screen of the Blink app.
- Live view sessions last up to five minutes by default, but you can extend them by tapping on “Continue” when prompted. You can also save live view sessions to cloud storage if you have an active Blink subscription plan or free trial. If your camera has a microphone and speaker, you can use two-way audio to talk and listen through the camera. To do this, tap and hold the talk button on the live view screen of the Blink app.
You have successfully accessed Live View on your Blink Camera. You can use this feature anytime you want to see what’s happening at your home or anywhere else you have a Blink Camera installed.
2. Enabling Extended Live View
If you want to keep Live View running for longer periods of time, you can enable the Extended Live View feature. This will allow your Blink Camera to remain on live view for up to 24 hours before it automatically turns off. To enable this feature, go to the Blink app’s Settings menu and tap “Extended Live View.” You will then be prompted to activate your Blink subscription plan or start a free trial. Once the subscription is activated, you can select whether you want Extended Live View to run continuously or only when the camera detects motion.
You have successfully enabled Extended Live View on your Blink Camera! Now you can keep an eye on your home or business for up to 24 hours without having to turn on Live View manually.
How to Use Two-Way Audio on Blink Camera During Live View
Blink cameras have a built-in microphone and speaker that allow you to communicate with people or pets in front of the camera using the Blink app. This feature is called Two-Way Audio, and it can be activated during Live View. Here are the steps to use Two-Way Audio on Blink Camera during Live View:
- Open the Blink app on your smartphone or tablet and tap on the camera icon of the device you want to view.
- Wait for the Live View to load, and then tap on the speaker icon at the bottom of the screen. This will enable the microphone and speaker on your camera, and you will see a blue circle around the speaker icon.
- To talk through the camera, press and hold the speaker icon while speaking. You will see a green circle around the speaker icon when you are transmitting audio. Release the speaker icon when you are done speaking.
- To listen to the audio from the camera, keep the speaker icon enabled and adjust the volume on your device as needed. You will see a yellow circle around the speaker icon when you are receiving audio.
- To end the Two-Way Audio session, tap on the speaker icon again to disable it. You will see a red circle around the speaker icon when it is disabled.
- To exit Live View, tap on the X icon at the top right corner of the screen.
Note: Two-Way Audio is only available on Blink Indoor (gen 2), Blink Outdoor, and Blink Mini cameras. It is not supported on Blink XT2, Blink XT, or Blink Indoor (Gen 1) cameras. Also, Two-Way Audio may not work well in noisy environments or if there is a weak Wi-Fi signal between your camera and your device.
How to Subscribe to A Blink Subscription Plan for Extended Live View
The Extended Live View feature is available on all Blink cameras, but you will need to have an active subscription plan or free trial in order to use it. Here are the steps to subscribe to a Blink Subscription Plan for Extended Live View:
- Open the Blink app on your smartphone or tablet and tap on the Settings icon at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Tap on Subscriptions and then tap on the Activate button. You will see a list of subscription plans available to choose from.
- Choose the plan that best fits your needs, select your preferred payment method, and then enter your billing information.
- Review all the details of your selected plan and then tap on the Activate button to complete your subscription.
- Once activated, you can now enable Extended Live View in the Settings menu and enjoy 24 hours of continuous live view with your Blink Camera!
With these steps, you have now learned how to use extended Live View on your Blink camera and how to subscribe to a Blink Subscription Plan for added convenience.
How to Save Live View Sessions on Blink Camera
Live View is a feature that allows you to see what your Blink camera is currently capturing and monitor the scene as it happens, rather than viewing a recorded version of the event. However, not all Blink cameras support saving Live View clips. Here are some steps on how to save Live View sessions on Blink cameras that have this capability:
- To access Live View, tap the Live View icon from your Blink app home screen for the camera you would like to view. You can also tap the speaker icon to mute or unmute live audio from the camera’s microphone.
- Live View sessions are not saved to your system’s primary storage location by default. To save a Live View session, you need to press the Save option at the end of the session. You can also enable the “Save all Live Views” option in System Settings, which will automatically save every Live View session without asking you.
- To view a saved Live View clip, go to the Clips screen in your Blink app and select the clip you want to watch. You can also share, download, or delete the clip from there.
- Note that Live View clips are never saved or backed up to Local Storage. This includes Live View sessions accessed from Alexa devices like an Echo Show (no Local Storage option). Also, XT2 camera Live View clips take more storage space than motion clips, so be aware of your 7200-second storage limit. When the limit is reached, your oldest clip will be automatically deleted to make room for the newest one.
How to Troubleshoot Live View Issues on Blink Camera
Live View is a feature that allows you to see live video from your Blink Camera on your smartphone or tablet. However, sometimes you may encounter issues with Live View, such as not being able to connect, getting a black screen, or experiencing poor video quality. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot Live View issues on your Blink Camera:
1. Check Your Internet Connection
Ensure your smartphone or tablet is connected to a reliable Wi-Fi or cellular network. Also, make sure your Blink Camera is within range of your Wi-Fi router and has a strong signal. You can check the signal strength of your camera in the Blink app by tapping on the gear icon next to the camera name and looking at the Wi-Fi icon.
2. Check Your Battery Level
If your Blink Camera is running low on battery, it may not be able to stream live video. You can check your camera’s battery level in the Blink app by tapping on the gear icon next to the camera name and looking at the battery icon. If the battery level is low, replace the batteries with new ones or use a USB-C power cable to recharge your camera.
3. Restart the Blink App and Camera
Close out of the Blink app and reopen it, then try accessing Live View again. If that doesn’t work, you can restart your Blink Camera by pressing the reset button on the back for 10 seconds until the LED ring turns red, then releasing the button and waiting for it to start up again.
4. Check Your Camera Settings
Ensure that Live View is enabled on your Blink Camera in the Blink app by tapping the gear icon next to the camera name and checking the Live View toggle switch. You can also make sure that motion detection is turned off or set to low, as this will cause your camera to constantly trigger Live View mode, which can drain the battery or cause the video to freeze.
If you’ve tried all of these steps and are still experiencing issues with your Live View session, it may be time to contact Blink Support for further help.
Live view is a helpful feature that lets you see and hear what’s happening at your camera location in real time. You can access it from the Blink app or certain Alexa-enabled devices. You can also extend it by tapping on “Continue” or by enabling extended live view if you have a Blink subscription plan or free trial. We hope this blog post about how to keep blink camera on live has helped you understand how to keep the blink camera on life and enjoy its benefits.
- Then tap the More menu button in the bottom right of your screen (displays with a red dot the first time you use this feature). ...
- A screen then displays explaining the terms of Extended Live View, which runs up to 90 minutes; however, you can't save the session as a clip.
Do Blink Cameras Record Continuously? Unfortunately, Blink cameras do not record 24/7, they are purely motion-based clips. With a subscription plan, you'll only be able to look at Live View continuously, but even that has a time limit. After 90 minutes, Live View will stop.Why can't I see Live View on Blink camera? ›
The camera uses your Wi-Fi network to send Live View; therefore, the connection must have 2 MB per second or faster upload speed (from your camera to the Blink app). Live View can fail if the internet connection is too slow or not reliable.How do I keep my Blink camera on all night? ›
Go to the Home Screen of the Blink app and tap the Camera Settings icon above the camera's thumbnail. Scroll down and look for the "Night Vision" section. Turn the control setting on, off, or set it to "Auto" so it automatically turns on when it gets dark.What does the blue light on the Blink camera mean? ›
Blink Mini blue recording status LED setting
Always On - Displays a green light on the front of the Mini camera when it is active and ready to use, then shows a blue light while recording. Always Off - Never display the Status LED. When Recording - Displays a blue light while recording.
There is a delay from the end of a motion clip to the start of the camera capturing a new motion clip. This delay is known as Retrigger Time and prevents the camera from sending too many motion notifications during motion triggers.How long is Live View on Blink camera? ›
When I open the blink camera feed, it will automatically stop after 5 or 10 minutes. I use this as a baby monitor to keep an eye on my baby.Can you use Blink Live View without subscription? ›
Blink cameras offer motion-activated notifications and limited live viewing without a Blink subscription. You need a plan if you want video recording, sharing, and better camera performance.Do you need sync module for Live View? ›
Without a wired connection or a Sync Module, you enter Event Response mode where you only receive motion alert and doorbell press notifications, and you must tap a notification within 60 seconds to enter Live View with two-way talk.Can I view all Blink cameras at once? ›
Can You View All Blink Cameras at Once? Yes, you can view multiple Blink cameras at once. This system is entirely expandable, so you can add up to 10 cameras.
Using Night Vision
- Tap Settings above your camera's Live View thumbnail and select Video and Photo.
- In the Night Vision select On, Off, or Auto.
- Your selection saves automatically when you exit.
- How To Improve Blink Night Vision.
- Go to the app.
- Tap the Settings icon.
- Scroll down until you see “Night Vision.”
- Turn the Control setting to Off, On, or Auto. I recommend Auto because it automatically switches to activate infrared when it gets dark.
All of the Blink cameras come with some pretty standard features: 1080p image resolution. 110° field of view (135º on the Video Doorbell) Night vision.Do Blink cameras only record when the blue light is on? ›
The Status LED can be set to the following: Always On - Displays a green light on the front of the Mini camera when it is active and ready to use, then shows a blue light while recording. Always Off - Never display the Status LED. When Recording - Displays a blue light while recording.What is the difference between blue light and red light on Blink camera? ›
A blinking blue light indicates that the camera has lost connection to the Internet and is trying to reconnect. A red light indicates that the camera has been factory reset and is in pairing mode.How far away does Blink detect motion? ›
What's the maximum distance Blink cameras sense motion detection? The maximum motion detection range is approximately 20 feet for all blink cameras. Some factors that influence motion detection are the app sensitivity setting, camera placement, object size, infrared illumination and object temperature.How do I extend my Blink motion detection? ›
Increase the Retrigger Time to at least 15 seconds. To do this, tap Settings , and under Motion Detection, you'll see a slider for re-trigger time. Increasing the Retrigger time allows the motion to stop before causing another motion clip.How do you flip a Blink camera? ›
located above the right top corner of the thumbnail image on your Home screen. Then select Video and Photo and tap Flip Video to turn on this setting. Visit the Mini camera settings page for more information about settings.What does Live View in progress mean Blink? ›
1-2 of 2 Answers
Please try again later. Any type of Blink camera could only do one command at a time. So, if you were trying to hit the Live View button while the camera's recording a motion clip, it's just normal to receive an error message that the "Camera is busy" or "Live View in progress".
Blink cameras do not offer continuous recording, though you can leave the system armed for any interval of time.
If you aren't subscribing to a Blink plan, once you plug in a compatible and properly formatted USB flash drive into the Sync Module 2, local storage starts automatically and saves motion detection clips to the drive. No extra steps are needed.Do Blink cameras require a hub? ›
Do Blink Outdoor and Indoor (3rd Gen) cameras require a hub? Yes, we call it a Sync Module. Each Sync Module manages a system and can have up to ten devices attached. The Sync Module 2 adds local storage features for Blink Indoor (3rd Gen), Outdoor, and Mini cameras.How does Blink work without subscription? ›
Without a Blink Subscription, or existing cloud storage, certain Blink cameras receive Motion Notifications in the Blink app. Simply tap the notification to enter the camera's Live View. No clips are saved, but you have two-way audio and video from the camera through the Blink app.Can Blink camera be used without Sync Module? ›
*Note: The Blink Video Doorbell and Mini cameras do not require a Sync Module 2. They are capable of managing their own system. They can also be added to a Sync Module-managed system, or added together without a Sync Module.Do I need Sync Module 2 for Live View? ›
Without the Sync Module 2, the doorbell connects direct to your Wi-Fi network and allows a live view immediately after it's triggered by movement or a button press. With the sync module, you can initiate a connection from the app and watch live video at any time.How many phones can access Blink camera? ›
The Blink app can be added to a maximum of 100 devices. If there's an attempt to log in to over 100 devices, the account owner will see the screen below.Can 2 people view the same blink camera? ›
Any person signed in to your Blink account has access to view and manage your Blink devices and account. Although motion alerts may appear simultaneously on multiple devices for different people, one person at a time can can access the Live View for a motion notification.Can I watch Blink camera on TV? ›
View Your Blink Cameras From the Smart Home Dashboard
To access a live view of your Blink camera or video doorbell on your Fire TV device, say: "Alexa, show my Smart Home Dashboard." Your connected Blink cameras will appear in the camera row on the Smart Home Dashboard.
Can the Blink app be accessed from more than one device? Yes! You can download our app and log into the same account from as many iOS and Android devices as you'd like, so the entire household can receive alerts or check in at home.How do you blind a Blink camera? ›
Covering the Camera Lens
One of the simplest methods for blinding a security camera is to cover the lens with a material that will block the view. This could be anything from tape or paint to a physical object such as a bag or box.
Accessing IR Controls
located above the camera's thumbnail on the Blink app Home screen. On the Device Settings screen select Video and Photo. IR settings are controlled with NIGHT VISION and IR Intensity.
IR or night vision cameras use infrared light to illuminate images in the dark. We can't see it, but infrared light is actually all around us. IR cameras detect these invisible infrared wavelengths, enabling the camera to see in the dark.Should Blink sensitivity be low or high? ›
Choosing High or Low Sensitivity
High sensitivity means less motion over a shorter period of time will create a notification. Low sensitivity means more movement over a longer period of time will create a notification.
You can improve the picture quality of your Blink cameras by adjusting the video settings in your app (Note: Best quality will reduce battery life) and ensuring it's within range of your Wi-Fi router.Why is my Blink camera not in color at night? ›
If your camera images, thumbnails, motion clips, and Live View are not showing up in color, it is likely that the Night Vision Control is on. When Night Vision is on, an infrared (IR) LED shines in a spectrum outside of the visible light spectrum. IR cameras register heat, which shows up in video as shades of white.Which Blink camera has live view? ›
You can see live doorbell camera views with two-way audio from your Blink Video Doorbell in the Blink mobile app and with Alexa enabled screen devices.Can Blink cameras be in the rain? ›
Are Blink cameras waterproof? Only one Blink camera is water-resistant: the Blink Outdoor, which has an IP65 weather rating. Blink's indoor cameras are not waterproof, and we don't recommend leaving them out in a rainstorm or dropping them in a bathtub.How do I get blink doorbell Live View without sync module? ›
Without a wired connection or a Sync Module, you enter Event Response mode where you only receive motion alert and doorbell press notifications, and you must tap a notification within 60 seconds to enter Live View with two-way talk.Why does my Blink camera click when Live View? ›
If your Blink Camera makes a clicking sound, turn off Night vision and disable the photo capture on your Cam. Check and replace batteries if they have dried out. Reducing motion detection sensitivity during the night could also help. Power cycle and reset the Blink Cam if you can't get over the issue.Is Sync module necessary for Blink? ›
The Sync Module is required for Blink Outdoor and Indoor cameras, and optional for the Blink Wired Floodlight, Blink Video Doorbell and Blink Mini. Having a Sync Module with your doorbell improves battery life significantly.
Press your Blink Video Doorbell to save your settings
In Event Response mode, you must press the doorbell button to: Arm or Disarm the camera. Turn Motion Detection on or off.
- Off- Use this setting if you do not want your camera to use Night Vision. ...
- On- This setting causes your camera to always be in Night Vision mode.
What is Live View Shooting? With your camera, you can shoot while viewing a real-time image on the camera's LCD monitor. This is called "Live View shooting." This image can be magnified by 5x or 10x, so you can focus the camera more precisely.How do I speak through my Blink camera? ›
While you're in Live View, press the Two-Way Audio button is located in the bottom center the live view screen. Hold To Talk - If the button says Hold To Talk, keep your finger pressed on the button while you speak. Let go when you are finished and the microphone will mute itself automatically.